Dubbed Windows Blue, Microsoft’s next generation operating system is already being executed as the official successor to Windows 8. After having successfully confused consumers with 4 flavors of Windows 8 i.e. Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, Windows 8 Enterprise, and Windows 8 RT, Microsoft has decided to make amends.
Microsoft wants to move towards a more standardised operating system that caters to PCs, Phones and Tablets and other mobile platforms. It also wants to introduce what customers have come to expect of other OS vendors i.e. yearly releases/updates.
Here are the top 10 reasons that make the case for Microsoft’s new Windows Blue OS. Surprisingly, a large number of these reason will benefit us – the customer.
- Cheaper software/updates for consumers
- Smaller updates
- More frequent release of new features to consumers – thereby sustaining & building customer base
- Consumers will be more ready to buy the yearly updates that will cost less
- Allow customers more time to adjust to the new changes
- Installing the updates will be easier
- Standardize SDK across tablets, phones, and desktops
- Reduce software piracy
- Attempt to re-claw market share from Apple (iOS) and Google (Android)
- Increase adoption rate in corporate/enterprise environment by making upgrades easier and simpler to manage
Just one more little thing that came to my mind, note the change in the naming convention – gone are the numbers – now it is all about the color!
If you enjoyed the post, please leave me a comment and don’t forget to share !